India Photo SafariFebruary 13th - February 26th, 2016
Enjoy a 14-day India safari including historic and beautiful scenic sites, to wildlife and nature, to superb Cultural and human interaction opportunities. This Safari covers it all!
Our safari takes us to historic (and beautiful) locations like the Taj Mahal, the Tomb of Itmad Ud Daullah, the 10th century Agra Fort, and the 16th-century Mughal Fort.
During our stay we will visit the two best known parks in India, the Ranthambhor and the Kaziranga. These two parks have different habitats and are located across the country from each other. We’re hoping to see and photograph the “Indian Big Five”: Tiger, Leopard, Indian Elephant, One-horned Rhinoceros and Asiatic Buffalo along with hundreds of other wildlife species including other mammals, reptiles and birds.
Our first National Park is Ranthambore which is one of the largest parks in India and the best for spotting tigers. Some say that of all the tiger photographs in the world 8 out of 10 are taken here. From this Park we will head in a northeastern direction across India to the flood plains of the Brahmaputra – Assam and Kaziranga National Park.
Kaziranga National Park has a unique combination forest with marshy swamps, elephant grass and moist forest. It is inhabited by the world’s largest population of the One-horned Rhinoceroses, as well as tiger, Asiatic Elephant, One-horned Rhinoceros, Swamp Deer, Asiatic Buffalo, Hog Deer, and Bears and with luck the Indo Gangetic Dolphin.
As part of this safari we’ll visit The Taj Mahal. In 1631, Emperor Shah Jahan was grief-stricken when his favorite wife Mumtaz Mahal died during child birth. The Emperor built the Taj Mahal for her Tomb. (UNESCO World Heritage site). The Taj Mahal is regarded by many as the best example of Mughal architecture and is widely recognized as “the jewel of Muslim Art in India”.
Near the gardens of the Taj Mahal is the 16th-century Mughal Fort known as the Red Fort of Agra. This fortress of red sandstone encompasses the imperial city of the Mughal rulers. (UNESCO World Heritage site)
We will also visit the Tombs of Itmad Ud Daullah and the Great Mughal Emperor Akbar at Sikandra.
- Meals – as per the itinerary – (room service charges extra).
- Entrances to monuments
- Entrance fees to all national parks
- Jeep safari costs
- English speaking guide for sightseeing tours
- Transport in air-conditioned cars or vans
- Elephant rides in Kaziranga lasts one hour from 0500-0600 or 0615-0715 hours, great photo opportunities of Rhinoceros, Swamp Deer, Hog Deer and sometimes even Tiger (if there is a tiger with a kill or in the area where the elephants explore for the morning elephant safari).
- Camera fees – US $ 8-10 per camera per day in National Parks.
- Safaris in 4X4 open jeeps – seating 3 persons with one guide per jeep
- Cost of an Indian tour leader
- Internal flights in economy class
- Gratuity, personal expenses, bar and laundry charges at lodges
- Internet charges in hotels or lodges
- Medical expenses, insurance, VISA or Passport charges
- Medical evacuation costs
- Excess baggage charges: Allowed 33 lbs checked and 15 lbs carry on. Over weight $4.00 per 2.2 lbs
- Extra meals or drinks
- International airfare
Registration and Payment
To register and hold your space on this tour, fill out the registration form below, use the payment buttons to pay your deposit and/or the single supplement, then print and fill out the required liability waiver. For more information, contact Tom Whetten
Photo Safari Registration
Hold your place for this fantastic experience!
This all-inclusive Safari is limited to ten (10) quests with the price based on a sliding scale per person (pp). The more that attend the better the price.
- 2 to 3 participants pp dbl $8,195
- 4 to 6 participants pp dbl $6,695
- 7 to 10 participants pp dbl $5,895
- Single Supp: $1,100
- Deposit: $1,600
|14-Day India Photo Safari, February 13th – February 26th, 2016|
|$1,600 Deposit||$1,100 Single Supplement|
*** Remember, this is wildlife/nature photography, there are no guaranties. Please Download Liability Waiver. You May Mail It Or Bring It On The Tour!